Willamette Vital Health, your local nonprofit that helps families through one of the most difficult times in life — losing a loved one — is searching for an experienced RN with a passion for empathetic care with a focus on quality of life. If that’s you, we would love to meet you.
1:1 patient care with a focus on quality of life .
Competitive salary and generous benefits in a collaborative environment.
Flexibility to plan your day based on scheduled patient visits and their needs.
Employee Assistance Program that includes short term counseling and mental health assistance.
Supportive Care is a service offered to our patients that focuses on quality of life and comfort when living with a serious illness. As an RN on the Supportive Care team, you will help alleviate troublesome symptoms and pain as patients continue their regular medical (curative) care.
We’re looking for RNs that want to use their expertise and experience as part of a team to provide the best care possible to those experiencing serious illness.
By providing expert, personalized care to hospice patients where they live you will bring dignity and compassion to those coping with symptoms of a serious illness.
Who You Are:
Your Impact. Willamette Vital Health is looking for passionate, empathetic, tenacious healthcare professionals, willing to partner in helping families get the most out of their remaining time together.
• Registered nurse with a current license to practice in Oregon
• 3+ years experience in a clinical, hospice or hospital setting
• Minimum 1 year experience providing direct care to adults who are elderly or physically disabled in a hospice or home health care setting
• 2+ years of palliative/hospice care nursing experience
• Knowledge of palliative and hospice medications
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Palliative nursing certification a plus
• Must have reliable transportation, valid Oregon drivers license, and proof of auto insurance in order to travel to and from patients’ homes
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
• Tuberculosis screening after hire required
• Conduct medical home visits on new and established Supportive Care patients, performing a hands-on exam at each visit
• Conducts urgent/acute visits on all Supportive Care patients with the goal of keeping the patient out of the hospital to receive the best medical care at home
• Facilitate care discussions with patient and family and subsequently develop a plan of care that will support patient and family goals
• Provide ongoing assessments of the impact of life-limiting chronic illness on the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs
• Assess for caregiver burnout, and provide community resources when appropriate
• Implement the individualized plan of care and recommend revisions to the plan as necessary
• Consult and educate the patient/family and other caregivers regarding the disease process, pain and symptom management, end of life care, and processes for addressing issues of ethical concern
• Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures when necessary
• Wound care and dressing changes
• Injections (vaccines)
• Attend the interdisciplinary meeting, acting as a crucial and vocal member of the team
• Conducts telephonic nursing follow-up and case management when necessary
• Attends educational offerings to keep abreast of palliative care and complies with licensing requirements
Who We Are:
It’s not our organization itself that delivers deeply impactful work. It's our people. We’re an empathetic, resilient, diverse and passionate group of people working together to create the best care possible for those facing serious illness and grief. We believe personalized care and grief support should be available to all who need it, so we provide our services regardless of ability to pay.
Powerful Purpose. Purpose is at the heart of our care provider experience. At Willamette Vital Health, everyone is united by the mission to provide people facing serious illness, death, and grief with access to the best personalized and compassionate care.
Galvanizing Resilience. Willamette Vital Health provides vital care during families’ toughest times. This provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Excellence with Integrity. Willamette Vital Health and our team of nurses and caring staff are committed to trust, ethics, quality, accountability and expertise. This is how we deliver the best compassionate care.
Better Together. The Willamette Vital Health team works together to maximize the care we provide and support one another. We celebrate one another’s successes and invest in the team’s wellness.
Why Willamette Vital Health:
• A challenging and rewarding career with flexibility to manage your schedule throughout your workday
• Competitive salary and benefits, including EAP (Employee Assistance Program) 401-k with matching contributions, generous PTO, pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare (FSA) and dependent care (DCA)
• Comprehensive and collaborative training and orientation
• Ongoing education and support
• Reimbursement for Hospice & Palliative Care certification exam
• Option to purchase several programs at low cost: critical illness/accident insurance, voluntary life insurance, ID/Legal Shield, FIGO pet insurance
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Willamette Vital Health. We provide rewarding careers for passionate, caring, and experienced employees. We believe that everyone facing serious illness, death, and grief deserves access to the best personalized and compassionate care available, and the team at Willamette Vital Health strives to provide such care.
Willamette Vital Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, physical characteristics, age, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status. All qualified candidates legally able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.