As the Compliance and Quality Manager, you will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining comprehensive programs for quality and compliance to ensure patient services are provided in accordance with the standards established by state and federal regulators and for accreditation. The Compliance and Quality Manager provides administrative direction and support, through collaboration with leadership and staff, for all activities related to accreditation and regulatory affairs, performance improvement, and administrative policy review and development. The Compliance and Quality Manager also acts as the Compliance and Ethics Officer for the organization.
· Manages, monitors, organizes, and implements the day-to-day quality and compliance programs for the agency. Acts as a resource to all staff on quality and compliance programs.
· Monitors for agency accreditation, certification and licensure readiness and compliance. Oversees all arrangements with surveyors, both federal and state, taking appropriate steps.
· Maintains knowledge of relevant accrediting/regulatory agencies and standards, tracking planned surveys, aggregating, and trending survey findings, coordinating and/or assisting with survey efforts, and acting as a resource/arbitrator when regulatory issues arise.
· Monitors all clinical and administrative policies and procedures to assure they are complete, current, and in compliance with licensing and certification regulations and accreditation standards.
· Identifies potential areas of vulnerability and risk; develops/implements action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
· Collaborates with Executive Director and Clinical Managers in follow-up of concerns expressed by patients, families, and physicians. Monitors, analyzes and reports family survey information, palliative patient satisfaction survey as well as the Hospice Information Set results. Serves as informational resources for physicians, referral sources, payer sources.
· Chairs the Quality Assessment/Process Improvement(QAPI) Committee.
· Supervises employees reporting to this position.
· Participates in Administrator on Call (AOC)responsibilities with other members of the Leadership Team.
· Understanding of payer contracts and regulations.
· Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, Medicare regulations, accreditation standards, and performance improvement principles a requirement.
· BA in Healthcare Administration, licensed/registered nurse, Registered Health Information Technician, or comparable healthcare degree required.
· Must have five years management experience in a community setting; hospice or palliative care experience preferred.
· Two years quality and compliance experience in healthcare setting required, preferably in hospice, palliative, or home health.
· Requires knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation, HIPAA regulations, CHAP standards, Medicare and third-party payment systems and quality management.
· Knowledge of medical record standards and ICD 9 and ICD 10 coding preferred.
· CPHQ certification in Health Care Quality Improvement preferred and/or certification in hospice and palliative care as a clinician or administrator preferred.
· Must have current Oregon driver’s license, dependable transportation, and proof of current automobile insurance.
· Sign on bonus of $2,000
· Competitive wages
· Generous paid time off benefits
· Collaborative 4-to-6-week orientation
· Ongoing education and support
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision planswith low to no premiums for employees and subsidized premiums for eligible dependents*
· Short &long-term disability and life insurancebenefits at no cost to employees*
· Pre-tax flex spending accounts for healthcare (FSA)and dependent care (DCA) savings*
· 401(k)retirement plan with 100% company match ofcontributions up to 4% of employee's compensation*
· Employee assistance program with free short-termcounseling, legal consultation, and more*
· Option to purchase several programs at low cost:critical illness/accident insurance, voluntary life insurance, ID/Legal Shield,FIGO pet insurance*
*Some benefits are dependent on number ofhours scheduled to work
Willamette Vital Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. We promote an environment that honors our staff, patients, and those we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, physical characteristics, age, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status. All qualified candidates legally able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.